Friday, October 30, 2015

Baguette Success


This is basically the recipe from the Sur la Table class on bread baking I recently took. Here's a link to the recipe...http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/french-baguettes-recipe

I mixed the dough on Wednesday and baked it tonight after I finished the clam pizza we had for dinner.

I formed it at about 3:00 in the afternoon, using the shaping instructions from America's Test Kitchen.  It rose for about 3 hours, and then I plopped it, still on the parchment onto the baguette pan and put that in the oven, onto a baking steel.  Next I covered it with a steam table tray, to contain the steam, put some water in my steam generator (an old broiler pan filled with lava rocks) and closed the oven door.  After 8 minutes, I removed the cover and the parchment paper and about 10 minutes later, it was done.

And It Was Tasty!

Need to work on my shaping, they're still a little uneven.  But they taste Real Good, and the texture is very close, so I can continue my quest for a perfect cylinder shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment